....a place to remind him we love him, we are thinking all good thoughts, and we are looking forward to hearing about his next fishing trip on his beloved boat (yes, even his vegetarian daughter who is secretly hoping the fish get away!)
please, jump in. let's do all we can to make him laugh and smile!
Jim, I just reconnected with Bobbi Stettner-Eaton at a dinner. She told me about you and this blog and I just had to write to you. You were my first legit swim coach and I hope you know how much respect, love and admiration I had for you. I still remember the day you walked onto the pool deck to tell us you would no longer be our coach. We were all devastated by your announcement because we knew we would never find another Jim Sheldon, a coach who understood each of us as individuals, who motivated and encouraged us to be our best, to set goals and then to go for them, a coach who taught us as much about life as he did about swimming, a coach who we adored! As you walked away, you recited a poem that I have remembered ever since, "To meet, to know, to love and then to part is the sad tale of many a human heart." You have touched my heart and my life. I hope and pray you are on the journey back to health. Thank you for being you, Stacy Pazornik Gorin
ReplyDelete