| Jim, I have such a vivid memory of when we met. One night, I was working in the Abington Y Membership Office, and I was walking out of the office to the parking lot, when you and I went through the door at the same time. I introduced myself to you (I knew exactly who you were - because you were the INCREDIBLY COOL guy who ran the Y by day, and played volleyball there by night). You said "Hey, are you coming on the bus to the Philadelphia Distance Run with all of us?" I said "sure" (having never heard of it, of course, but if the cool kids were going, so would I!). So, because of you, Jim, and ONLY because of you, I showed up at 5 AM (5 AM!) that Sunday to go to the PDR. Where I was assigned to stand at the Finish Line to help the runners who were vomiting from exhaustion. Thanks. And 30 years of work and volunteering with the Y later, you have been a constant presence through it all. I thank you for bringing me back to the Y, and for being my coach and friend. You're still the coolest guy I know. Love, Debby |
| Jim, I have such a vivid memory of when we met. One night, I was working in the Abington Y Membership Office, and I was walking out of the office to the parking lot, when you and I went through the door at the same time. I introduced myself to you (I knew exactly who you were - because you were the INCREDIBLY COOL guy who ran the Y by day, and played volleyball there by night). You said "Hey, are you coming on the bus to the Philadelphia Distance Run with all of us?" I said "sure" (having never heard of it, of course, but if the cool kids were going, so would I!). So, because of you, Jim, and ONLY because of you, I showed up at 5 AM (5 AM!) that Sunday to go to the PDR. Where I was assigned to stand at the Finish Line to help the runners who were vomiting from exhaustion. Thanks. And 30 years of work and volunteering with the Y later, you have been a constant presence through it all. I thank you for bringing me back to the Y, and for being my coach and friend. You're still the coolest guy I know. Love, Debby |
| Jim, I have such a vivid memory of when we met. One night, I was working in the Abington Y Membership Office, and I was walking out of the office to the parking lot, when you and I went through the door at the same time. I introduced myself to you (I knew exactly who you were - because you were the INCREDIBLY COOL guy who ran the Y by day, and played volleyball there by night). You said "Hey, are you coming on the bus to the Philadelphia Distance Run with all of us?" I said "sure" (having never heard of it, of course, but if the cool kids were going, so would I!). So, because of you, Jim, and ONLY because of you, I showed up at 5 AM (5 AM!) that Sunday to go to the PDR. Where I was assigned to stand at the Finish Line to help the runners who were vomiting from exhaustion. Thanks. And 30 years of work and volunteering with the Y later, you have been a constant presence through it all. I thank you for bringing me back to the Y, and for being my coach and friend. You're still the coolest guy I know. Love, Debby |
I have such a vivid memory of when we met. One night, I was working in the Abington Y Membership Office, and I was walking out of the office to the parking lot, when you and I went through the door at the same time. I introduced myself to you (I knew exactly who you were - because you were the INCREDIBLY COOL guy who ran the Y by day, and played volleyball there by night).
You said "Hey, are you coming on the bus to the Philadelphia Distance Run with all of us?" I said "sure" (having never heard of it, of course, but if the cool kids were going, so would I!). So, because of you, Jim, and ONLY because of you, I showed up at 5 AM (5 AM!) that Sunday to go to the PDR. Where I was assigned to stand at the Finish Line to help the runners who were vomiting from exhaustion. Thanks.
And 30 years of work and volunteering with the Y later, you have been a constant presence through it all. I thank you for bringing me back to the Y, and for being my coach and friend. You're still the coolest guy I know.
Love,
Debby
No comments:
Post a Comment