Monday, May 16, 2011

celebrate your victories

When you hired me in my first Executive position, you did it as only YOU would do.  I was serving as Interim Exec at Columbia North YMCA when I applied for the permanent position.  I made the first cut, had my second interview with the CEO and returned to the branch to finish the work planned for the day.  Staff rushed to my office door to inquire about the status of my meeting and I could only reply that "I wasn't sure".  "I gave it my best shot". 
No more than 15 minutes later, in the office comes you and management staff from the Y with balloons, congratulating me as the new Exec.  From that day forward, I experienced several occasions just like that with you.  You are tough, but fair, a teacher, an advocate and love to celebrate (our) victories.  
You are one of my 2 favorite bosses ever.  You have always been my friend.
Best,
Fran Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment